Winter Maintenance Services
Framework Number: Y23063
Framework Period: 01 September 2023 - 30 August 2027
FTS Contract Arranged by: KCS Procurement Services
FTS Contract Notice:
Last Updated: 12 September 2023
The framework is for the supply of winter maintenance products and associated services and is split into 3 LOTs.
What are the benefits of using this framework?
- All our frameworks are free to access
- This framework is fully compliant with the Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- Authorised participants can re-open competition within the framework, removing the need for a full tender exercise or lengthy supplier evaluation each time they have a winter maintenance services requirement, saving time and costs associated with procurement exercises.
- Direct Award capability – giving you a quick, easy and PCR15 compliant route to procurement.
- The terms and conditions are safe and designed to protect you
- Free and full support on using the framework through the KCS Procurement Services team.
- You are able to benefit from aggregated spend and lower pricing based on the value of the overall contract, even on low spend orders.
- The framework will be managed and monitored by KCS Procurement Services (acting for Kent County Council) on behalf of our customers and your views and requirements will be taken into account when reviewing and developing the contract.
Winter Maintenance Bulk Salt
This LOT is for the supply of salt which will be used to grit highways, cycle paths and public walkways. This includes but is not limited to:
- 6mm grading white gritting salt per tonne, BS Standard 3247:2011 as a minimum
- 6mm grading brown gritting salt per tonne, BS Standard 3247:2011 as a minimum
Winter Maintenance Products
This LOT is for the supply of winter maintenance products. This includes but is not limited to:
- Salt – Bagged
- De Icing Liquids
- Snow Shovels
- Salt Spreaders
- Spreader Kits
- Liquid Sprayers
Winter Maintenance Gritting Services
This LOT is for the supply of winter maintenance gritting services for highways, cycle paths, car parks and public footways. This includes but is not limited to:
- Fixed price gritting services
- One-off gritting services
- Planning and consultation
How to access the framework
All public bodies have access to this agreement but may only do so with the agreement of the contracting authority. Those organisations who may wish to access this agreement will be members, affiliates and associates local government authorities, the police service, the fire service, the NHS & NHS Trusts, housing association third sector organisations, academic centres (including Academies and free schools), publicly funded organisations and publicly owned private companies, operating within the geographic boundaries of the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.