This statement only applies to the KCS Procurement Services service, available at https://www.procurementservices.co.uk
Using this service
This service is run by KCS Procurement Services. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this service. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- get from the start of the service to the end using just a keyboard
- get from the start of the service to the end using speech recognition software
- listen to the service using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the text in the service as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this service is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams do not have captions
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our 'contact us' page
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 0808 281 9439
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 6 days.
If you cannot view the map on the website, call or email us for directions.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone
We provide a text replay service for people who are deaf, hearing impaired or have speech impediment. Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Technical information about this service’s accessibility
KCS Procurement Services is committed to making this service accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
Multimedia content and PDF files.
- Our multimedia may not currently be supported with full captions. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion2.2: Captions (Pre-recorded).
Our multimedia content is essential to providing our services. By January 2023, we plan to include full captions for all multimedia content.
- Many of our older PDFs do not meet accessibility standards - for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value).
Our PDFs are essential to providing our services. By January 2023, we plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Any new multimedia content or PDF documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 11th July 2022. It was last reviewed on 11th July 2022.
This website was last tested on 11th July 2022. The test was carried out by ourselves and we tested following pages on our main website, available at www.procurementservices.co.uk