ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 accreditation
We are thrilled to announce our ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 accreditation from the British Assessment Bureau!
Posted by Aimee Wagstaff on Jun 13, 2023
ISO 14001 certification is an internationally recognised standard for Environmental Management Systems (EMS). It provides a framework that helps organisations effectively manage their environmental responsibilities and improve their environmental performance.
Here are some of the benefits of ISO 14001 certification and what this can mean for organisations:
- Reduce costs, overheads, and wastage: Implementing an EMS based on ISO 14001 helps identify and reduce environmental inefficiencies, leading to cost savings. By improving resource management, energy efficiency, and waste reduction, organisations can minimise operational costs and waste generation.
- Demonstrate green credentials: ISO 14001 certification demonstrates commitment to environmental sustainability and responsible business practices. It shows that the organisation is actively working to minimise its environmental impact.
- Ensure legislative awareness and compliance: ISO 14001 certification helps organisations stay updated with environmental regulations and legal requirements. By ensuring compliance, organisations can avoid legal issues, penalties, and reputational damage associated with non-compliance.
- Improve your reputation: ISO 14001 certification enhances your organisation's reputation as a responsible and environmentally conscious entity. It demonstrates your commitment to meeting environmental standards and can positively influence the perceptions of customers, stakeholders, and the general public.
ISO 9001 certification is a globally recognised standard for Quality Management Systems (QMS) developed by the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO). It provides a framework for organisations to establish and maintain processes that ensure consistent quality in their products and services.
Here are some benefits of ISO 9001 certification and what this can mean for organisations:
- Helps drive more business opportunities: ISO 9001 certification demonstrates your commitment to quality and provides assurance to customers that you have effective quality management systems in place. This can give you a competitive edge and help you win new business opportunities.
- Create consistent, repeatable processes: ISO 9001 requires organisations to establish clear processes and procedures for all aspects of their operations. This promotes consistency and reduces errors, ensuring that customers receive the same level of quality every time.
- Improve efficiency: Implementing ISO 9001 helps organisations identify inefficiencies and bottlenecks in their processes. By streamlining workflows, eliminating waste, and optimising resource allocation, you can improve efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance overall productivity.
- Stand out from competitors: ISO 9001 certification sets organisations apart from their competitors who may not have a recognised quality management system. It showcases dedication to meeting customer requirements and continuously improving your processes.
Our Process Improvement and Resilience Manager, Jennifer Steward says “We’re delighted to announce that we’ve become ISO9001 & ISO14001 compliant and accredited by the British Assessment Bureau.
The ISO9001 standard focuses on our processes, policies and procedures that assist us in planning and performing our activities will maintaining a consistent level of quality. The ISO14001 standard also supports us in our consistent level of quality, however with the main focus being on our environmental practices.
This outstanding achievement demonstrates our strong quality standards and consistent environmental approach in all that we do.”
Social value is of utmost importance to us at KCS Procurement Services, and we firmly believe that ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications enhance our commitment to social value. These certifications further reinforce our dedication to quality management and environmental responsibility, and we are proud to show our commitment to continual improvement.