Framework Number: Y21011
Framework Period: 01 December 2021 - 30 November 2025
FTS Contract Arranged by: KCS Procurement Services
FTS Contract Notice:
Last Updated: 13 June 2023
This framework covers the provision and ability to provide a full range of barrister services including but not limited to:
- Provision of a written opinion
- Conference with client
- Attending advocates’ meetings
- Advocacy at hearings (case management, issue resolution, final, fact-finding, emergency protection order, direction, adoption)
- Attend court (magistrates, crown, family, county, high court, court of appeal, supreme court, European court of human rights )
- Provide robust representation
- Ensure all parties are kept informed of all negotiations
- Seek realistic timescales for the filing and service of evidence
- Contact the instructing solicitor should an issue arise at the court which requires further instructions from an individual not present at court
- Judicial reviews
- Adhere to all data protection and GDPR regulations in relation to material provided
Indicative barrister services requirements include, but are not limited to the following categories or service provided:
- Child protection
- Adult services
- Community care
- International services
- Finance services
- Procurement and contract services
- Civil litigation
What are the benefits of using this framework?
- All our frameworks are free to access
- This framework is fully compliant with the Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- Authorised participants can re-open competition within the framework, removing the need for a full tender exercise or lengthy evaluation each time they have a Barrister Services or associated service requirement, saving time and costs associated with procurement exercises.
- Direct award capability gives you a quick, easy and compliant route to procurement.
- The terms and conditions are safe and designed to protect you
- Free and full support on using the framework through the KCS Procurement Services
- You are able to benefit from aggregated spend and lower pricing based on the value of the overall contract, even on low spend orders.
- The framework will be managed and monitored by KCS Procurement Services (acting for Kent County Council) on behalf of our customers and your views and requirements will be taken into account when reviewing and developing the contract.
Who can use this framework?
All public bodies have access to this agreement but may only do so with the agreement of the contracting authority. Those organisations who may wish to access this agreement will be members, affiliates and associates of the CBC Group, the police service, the fire service, the NHS & NHS Trusts, third sector organisations, academic centres (including academies), publicly funded organisations and publicly owned private companies, operating within the geographic boundaries of the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and Northern Ireland. The agreement is also open for use by all other local authorities and public sector bodies.