Software Products and Associated Services
DfE approved framework for schools
Framework Number: Y20011
Framework Period: 01 April 2020 - 31 March 2024
OJEU Contract Arranged by: KCS Procurement Services
Last Updated: 01 November 2023
This framework covers the provision of a full range of software (including open source), essential hardware and associated services and support and maintenance for cloud-based, on-premise and hybrid software solutions.
Indicative software requirements
Include the following application and system software categories:
- Accounting systems
- Microsoft products
- Commercial off the shelf (COTS) software
- Enterprise software and business applications
- Operating systems
- HR and payroll systems
May extend beyond the scope of the goods/services purchased and may include:
- End-user support
- Project management
- Asset management
What are the benefits of using this framework?
- All our frameworks are free to access.
- This framework is fully compliant with the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- Authorised Participants can re-open competition within the framework, removing the need for a full tender exercise or lengthy supplier evaluation each time they have software or associated service requirement, saving time and costs associated with procurement exercises.
- Direct Award capability gives you a quick, easy and PCR-15 compliant route to procurement.
- The terms and conditions are safe and designed to protect you.
- Full and free support on using the framework through the KCS Procurement Services team.
- You are able to benefit from aggregated spend and lower pricing based on the value of the overall contract, even on low spend orders.
- The framework will be managed and monitored by KCS Procurement Services (acting for Kent County Council) on behalf of our customers and your views and requirements will be taken into account when reviewing and developing the contract.
- The framework has been established with a maximum percentage of cost price (supplier’s basic cost plus percentage mark-up) for each organisation.
Who can use this framework?
All public bodies have access to this framework with the agreement of the Contracting Authority. Those organisations who may wish to access this framework will be members, affiliates and associates of the CBC Group, the Police Service, the Fire Service, the NHS & NHS Trusts, third sector organisations, academic centres (including Academies), publicly funded organisations and publicly owned private companies, operating within the geographic boundaries of the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and Northern Ireland. The framework is also open for use by all other local authorities and public sector bodies.